We will Know the step by step tutorial for “What’s the features of RPA tool ?”. Well RPA market is demanding more and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 20.3% between 2019 and 2025.
Following are the key features of popular RPA Tools
1). BLUE PRISM
- Good workflow/flowchart designer – enables better traceability of automation with process and ease of maintenance.
- Business objects are reusable by design
- Supports distributed development. True enterprise level centralized Architecture.
- Inbuilt reporting module with the lowest level of granularity and strong analytical engine.
- Detailed transaction log available
- Supports Role-based access control, Active Directory (AD) integration
- The tool can get Control room data through query
- Centralized secure credential storage and HIPPA, PCI compliant security standard.
- Ability to provide BP components as web service – provides greater flexibility in designing an enterprise-level solution.
- Runtime execution is fast but slower than AA
- Good all-round functionality with a proven track record of deployment at many enterprises
- OCR support (Tesseract
- Record and Play” feature not available
- Windows 10 not supported
- Limited browser support beyond IE
- Version control management tool not available
- Product Licence is costly. Need to have minimum licences.
- Windows-based control room as opposed to the web-based control room from competitors.
- Mainly used for Backoffice (unassisted automation). RDA / assisted automation is supported through surface automation (double-check) using events like a button click event.
Important Elements of Blue Prism:
- Process studio
- Object studio
- Control room
- System manager and Release manager
- Application Modeller
2). Pega Robotics / Openspan:
- Great RPA tool for both RDA and RPA. RDA is assisted automation where Agent a Bot work together. It requires the design of the user interface.
- Integrated with Visual studio and great if you have DotNet/C# experience.
- Framework components like Logging, runtime configuration (read dynamic values from XML) can be built as C# DLL / custom controls and import it to open span studio.
- Text adapter/Emulator for mainframe support
- TFS integration
- In Visual studio .Net developers find it difficult.
- Localized credential storage in the flat file.
- Inbuilt work queues not available
Important Elements of PegaRobotics/Openspan
- Robotic Desktop Automation (RDA) support by adding windows forms
- Adapters (Web, Desktop, Text and Citrix)
- Global Container, Activities and Interaction manager to pass data back and forth between projects
- Entry and Exit points
Visit my other Post: Blue prism tutorials
I hope you liked this article about “What’s the features of RPA tool”.. I would like to have feedback from my blog readers. Your valuable feedback, question, or comments about this article are always welcome.