We will learn step by step tutorial for “RPA Implementation Plan”. If we talk about RPA, we can define RPA(Robotic Process Automation) is technology or Software rather than people to carry out business processes that rely on application.in simple word, A software Robot, can able to interact with multiple applications and get the required data. This can be avoided by creating multiple interfaces for each application. Currently, many tools are available in the market for using RPA.
RPA mostly used for executing repetitive, predictable and high-volume activities, RPA works by capturing data, interpreting responses and communicating with other devices in an organized and systematic manner. if we want successfully implement of RPA, we would need to follow a stringent road map which balances the concerns of all stakeholders without compromising on the interests of any.
Following are the key point to implement RPA:
1). Analyze the business process and search the correct automation opportunities: first, we analyze our old or new business logic and see where we can fit Automation to reduce the manpower cost. as per our experience following are the areas where we can quickly search automation possibility.
- Business Rule Driven Processes
- Execute Repetitive Processes
- Frequent human errors
- Volumes Driven Processes
- Data entry Processes
2). Reduce the manpower and increase revenue: best implementation of RPA is basically all about reducing the manpower and managing the people. It means not to replace the jobs only if the process is so long and lots of employee working there as a back work. we can optimize and reduce some people jobs. Build a cross-functional team from amongst the employees to oversee successful RPA implementation. Empower the team to deal with operational challenges and grievance redressal while facilitating the proliferation of RPA technologies. This would also include coordinating with departments like IT & HR to make sure that the incorporation and configuration of RPA are absolute and complete.
3). Build a business process case: for successfully implement RPA, documentation is more important. prepare a good design document for business case covering all the business scenarios.
For documenting and case preparation lots of questions should be in prepared in case scenario.
- Why automation will help in business improvement.
- Define the span of control ratio between the bot and human
- Business benefits due to automation.
- What are the pain points that can be removed because of the automation?
- Define the metrics to measure the automated process
- What is the plan of action for re-deploying the existing resources after automation
4). Analyzing and measuring The Performance: Find and calculate the key performance indicators (KPIs) on the basis of which you can find out the success rate of your RPA implementation.
- Measuring how the deployment of RPA has affected the back-office processes and front office process.
- Finding out if the productivity of employees has increased by comparing the time in which RPA finishes a task with the time in which human workers perform the same function.
- Calculating the accuracy of the output, which ideally, should have increased to a hundred percent.
- Analyzing the compliance reports of RPA, i.e., the efficiency with which the bots are adhering to rules and regulations.
5). With low fault tolerance: Manual mistakes can cause significant customer experience or regulatory problems in some customer-facing processes. Such processes are good candidates for automation as automation prevents manual errors.