ABBYY FlexiCapture Tutorial
ABBYY FlexiCapture is intelligent data and document capture solutions. It is a very high accurate and scalable document imaging and data extraction software, it automatically transforms documents of any structure, language or content into usable and accessible business-ready data. You will know more basic ideas in this post for “ABBYY FlexiCapture tutorial”.
In another way, we can also define, ABBYY FlexiCapture is capable of handling the full range of data processing needs, from small-scale projects to distributed industrial capture of large volumes of data, providing high levels of security and reliability expected from enterprise-grade software solutions. An intelligent self-learning classification and state-of-the-art recognition technologies enable FlexiCapture to replace error-prone manual processes with automatic document classification and processing.
The four basic data extraction operations in ABBYY FlexiCapture include classification, optical recognition,
verification, and export to ERP, ECM or BPM systems.
Why ABBYY FlexiCapture used?
- Eliminate manual data entry
- Increase efficiency
- Streamline business process
- Reduce costs
- Achieve fast ROI
ABBYY FlexiCapture architecture
ABBYY FlexiCapture is a set of applications that comprises document processing stations and
1. Application Server is a web service in Internet Information Services (IIS) which functions as the
main gateway for all HTTP/HTTPS traffic in the system. This component provides user
authentication and authorization functionality and enables communication between the server and
2. License Server is a service that stores information about the current license and allowed uses
of the system.
3. Processing Server is a service that manages the Processing Stations. This component enables
4. The database stores the processing settings, information about the users, information about the
documents that are being processed, and statistics for the documents that have been processed.
5. File Storage stores the images of the documents that are being processed and the data
captured from these documents.
Each server component can be installed on a separate computer, allowing variable scalability and
individual reliability and security settings.
1. Administration and Monitoring Console is a web application that is used for setting up ABBYY
FlexiCapture and monitoring its operation.
2. Project Setup Station is used for setting up document processing.
3. Processing Stations:
a). Automated Processing Stations import and process images, perform optical recognition, run
user scripts, export extracted data to the user’s storage system, and perform a number of
b). Manual Processing Stations (Scanning Station and Verification Station) is a set of
applications for obtaining document images, feeding them to ABBYY FlexiCapture, and verifying
extracted data. They can be installed as separate PC applications, as thin browser-based
clients, or as mobile apps.