Lesson 3 – Data Manipulation
Lesson 3 mostly used for data manipulation.Data manipulation is the process of changing data—whether it is adding, removing, or updating it. Before learning about data manipulation, we shall see what variables, collections, …
Data of all kinds can be stored in variables, and there are several variable types you can work with in Studio.
They can be classified into 3 types:
- Scalar – Characters, Booleans or Numbers
- Collections – Arrays, Lists, Strings – are a collection of characters, and Dictionaries, which are used when extracting data from Orchestrator queues.
- Tables – are two dimensional structures that hold data indexed by rows and columns.
Below are the Key points which used in Lesson 3 – Data Manipulation :
- You can use Generic Value type to store any kind of data, but the trade off is that you
lose any default specific methods.
- Arrays and lists are very similar, the main difference being that lists have a variable size, while an array has a fixed size.
- When looking to store key/value pairs or just have a single variable for multiple values you should use Dictionaries.
- By typing “dot” after a String variable, Intellisense shows you a list of available methods of the String data type.
- Use String’s Split method you can get the pieces of a string separated by a given set of characters.
- Strings can be concatenated by using the “+” sign, but for more complex cases you should use the String Format method.
- Visual Basic provides Now, a Date Time with the current timestamp
- When using Read CSV make sure you check the property IncludeColumnNames if you want the first row to be treated as column names.
- You can filter table rows by using the Select method.
- It’s best to keep your variables inside the innermost scope.
- Isolated workflows can only use as arguments types that are serializable
uipath lesson 3 quiz answers
1). What variable type can you use to efficiently store the current time inside your workflows?
Ans : – DateTime
2). How can we test if a given address (a string variable called fullAddress) can be found on a particular street (a string variable called streetName)?
3). How can the index integer variable be displayed inside a Message Box activity?
Ans : – “Current index is: “ + index.ToString
4). What activities can be used to iterate through an Array?
Ans : – For Each
5). How can a string variable called myString be converted to an all-capitals representation for future use?
Ans : – By using an Assign activity with myString on the left side and myString.ToUpper on the right side.
6). Which of the following data types are included in the Collections category?
Ans : – Dictionary
7).If currentRow represents a row from a DataTable with two column in this order: Name and Age, what expression can be used to obtain the value from the column Age?
Ans : – currentRow(1)
8). What type of variables can be used as output for the Read CSV activity?
Ans:- DataTable variables
9). What .Net method of the datatable object can be used to filter a table by a condition?
10). What key combination allows you to automatically create a variable from an activity’s property field?
Ans:- Ctrl + K
For reference : Robotic Process Automation
Visit my other post : free-ssl-certificate-wordpress-website