What is a CMS
A Content Management System (CMS), is a Graphic User Interface (GUI) that makes interacting with a website’s database user friendly. There are thousands of CMS options for websites, such as WordPress, Drupal, Wix and Grid, and all of these CMS systems work differently, allowing the website admin different levels of permission and control. I’m using one right now to write and post this blog. Although the CMS is the entirety of the web application (database tables, admin panel and front-end display), a CMS is typically judged on the functionality of its admin panel. WordPress is the most popular CMS because of its large plugin library, which exponentially increases its admin panels functionality.
What is SiteCore :
Sitecore is a customer experience management company that provides web content management and multichannel marketing automation software. But it requires technology that provides proper support to achieve these business goals. This is why Sitecore helps businesses with their Sitecore Experience Platform that includes products like web-content management (WCM), customer intelligence, cross-channel delivery, commerce tools and more.
Because of this huge popularity and demand for Sitecore products and services in technology sector, marketers who are planning for business expansion are targeting Sitecore using companies and decision makers through focused b2b campaigns.
If you are also planning to do the same, make sure your business foundation is strong enough. Otherwise you will not be able to make your campaigns successful in this extremely competitive market.
Now the question is, where would you get this “right data”? Most data providers in the market cannot offer you authentic database.
At Sitecore, they believe in the fact that planned and focused marketing communication is the only way to increase audience engagement and brand visibility.
• Tracking and analytics
• Building marketing campaigns
• Content optimisation
• Gaining a single view of individual customers
The benefits of Sitecore to marketers
Sitecore is a fully featured, connected customer experience platform. You can do much more than just manage your online content. Out of the box you’ve functionality for:
With Sitecore you can create, deliver and optimize for an end-to-end customer experience that spans acquisition, nurturing, conversion, retention and advocacy through:
· Relevant content to help build engagement
· Timely offers to increase conversion rates
· Personalised communications to aid advocacy
· Social media for greater reach and amplification
· Easy enrolment to assets like newsletters and whitepapers
· Self-Service for users/customers
SiteCore Feature :
· It offers full tracking and reporting on users’ behavior.
· Delivers targeted, relevant content to unique visitors, visitor types, or personas by allowing you to set personalization rules that test details about visitors during their visit. Text, rich media, forms, social media widgets, promotions, recommendations, and more can be personalized based on rules, workflows, or a visitor’s device or location.
· A write-once, distribute-across-any-channel approach to web content makes it easy for your content to look good wherever it’s consumed. Sitecore automatically serves content in the format best sized and suited for a user’s device.
· Their device detection module lets you automatically detect and optimize content for different devices, allowing you to preview how your content will look on an iPhone vs. a Surface tablet. And the geo IP detection package lets you personalize based on physical location.
· Multiwebsite, multilanguage support
· Automated publishing
· Media management
· Flexibility to integrate custom workflows.
· Full control over the HTML output
· Marketing campaigns
· AB testing, website personalization
· Connectors for other software (e.g. CRM systems)
· It is used in small, medium and large size companies.
· It is based on the Microsoft .NET stack
· Sitecore is recognized as leading CMS in Gartner’s report of 2015 for Web Content Management Systems.
For more details SiteCore you can use below site.
References | https://www.sitecore.com/
Tag | sitecore 8 tutorial,sitecore 8 mvc tutorial,sitecore cms tutorials,what is sitecore,sitecore overview,sitecore tutorials point,sitecore basics,sitecore training material
Go for Ektron CMS post :
Sitecore CMS is a leading .NET Content Management System for mid-market commercial or large enterprises, non-profits and government organizations that require enterprise-level functionality, integration and scalability.