Microsoft approach to Enterprise Content Management fundamental tutorial
If we talk about Microsoft Enterprise content management (ECM), it is a collection of defined process, strategies and tools, that is used for managing the entire lifecycle of an organization’s content & unstructured document(Word doc,excel spread sheets PDF files and scanned images).
Enterprise content management provides the completed solutions for an organization for managing the whole lifecycle of customer information, employees and business stakeholder solutions capture, store, activate, analyse and automate business content, providing new value from data that was previously unstructured and unavailable. we can also give the definition of ECM as its an umbrella term for the technology, strategy and method used to capture, manage, access, integrate, measure and store information.
Finally, an ECM system enables better productivity by enhancing how users and teams collaborate around unstructured content and ensure that the proverbial “one version of the truth” is always readily available to those who need it.
Some key features of ECM systems are:
- Capture: The Capture ECM responsible for creating informatio by converting paper document into to digital formats.All the documents are stored are in the electronic form which is much easy to maintain and manage.
- Manage: The Manage component connects, modifies and employs information through means such as document management, collaborative software, web content management and records management.
ECM management is also categories into five more components :
- Document Management
- Web content
- Records Management
- Work flow
- Store : It is responsible for taking temporarily backs up frequently changing information in the short term within flexible folder structures to allow users to view or edit information. We can also said it as a backup plan for the business documents and business work flow
- Preserve : It is responsible for preserving all the documents are stored for the long term, you can also said it as a backup plan for the business documents and business work flow.
- Deliver : It is responsible for delivering components of ECM presents the information from the manage store & preserve, As inc ase of loss of data ECM will provides you the data of your business.
Key Feature of Microsoft enterprise content management system
- ECM using Microsoft SharePoint products provide the tools to organise and manage content throughout the content life cycle, from creation to archive
- SharePoint ECM integrates the familiar tools of the Microsoft Office system with the central management and collaboration features of SharePoint products and technologies.
- Microsoft SharePoint ECM provides enhanced content management for both structured (databases, application and code repositories) and unstructured (Office documents, Web pages, PDFs, and email) content.
- SharePoint combines document management, records management and web content management within a single platform to form a true Enterprise.
- Content Management System for a corporations Intranet, Extranet or customer facing Internet.
- Taxonomy management – tools for managing enterprisewide metadata.
- Content integration – the ability to search third-party content repositories and move items to/from Office SharePoint Server 2013 and third-party repositories.
- Digital Asset Management – including management of large digital assets such as digital videos, very large digital images, and other large digital objects.
For more details about Microsoft ECMS you can use below site.
References | Microsoft Enterprise Content Management
Tag | SharePoint ecm features,SharePoint 2016 ecm,enterprise content management in SharePoint 2013,SharePoint online ecm,Microsoft content management system,SharePoint 2013 content management,SharePoint 2016 content management,enterprise content management with Microsoft SharePoint pdf
Go for Ektron Content Management post :
Microsoft is providing a key role as a leader in the next generation of integrated user oriented ECM systems that finally break down the barriers to broad ECM adoption.
Microsoft ECM giving extreme feature for integration Office SharePoint server 2013 with Outlook 2013, Word 2013, Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2013, and Excel 2013, Microsoft is providing companies with an intuitive solution that results in less training time for users and a reduced burden on IT.